Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Welcome to my World

My name is Burcin. When I was born, I didn't have a name for two months. After two months, my family gave me this name. Normally the meaning of Burcin is "doe's horn". I do not understand why my name has this meaning. I think that my family forgot to check the meaning of Burcin 27 years ago. My name has brought me some problems in English because now I live in the United State. English and Turkish don't have same the letters. Therefore, most English speaker say my name with wrong pronunciation for the letter "C" because it needs to be said like church. I love the sound of my name.

"I don't know what I want" explains the feeling of my life. My life come here suddenly, like running with the current. I now find myself in the United State with a fiance. I am trying to make a happy life by solving problems about the future like my getting married, going to graduate, and getting a job. While approaching my wedding date, I have not found a place, dress, caterer, wedding candy, and invitations. Also, I don't know which university and major I want. I don't know what I want will do in the United States after getting married and getting an advanced degree. I DON'T KnOW.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have a beautiful name, it sounds like a good one though I don't understand the meaning of it. And by the way, it is so funny that you lived for two months without a name. Regarding to your future, I would encourage to think wisely and profoundly about your future ,major, career, husbands. Whatever decisions you make today will affect your next 25 years from now. Trust me ! Time is money but it is not too late. you still have time. Actully, you have all the time.

    ReplyDelete